Salt cooking Block with Coarse Grain
- This salt cooking plate is made by shaping pure Himalayan pink salt in the form of a broad rectangular slab.
- It is a little broad in height as compared to common salt cooking plates which prevent food from overcooking fast.
- It is ideal for cutting, grilling, baking, and serving a variety of food including meats, fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, scones, baked goods, etc.
- Edible Himalayan Pink Salt - Coarse Grain - 1 Pound
- The package weight is 13.1 Pound.
I love this thing!!!
My experience cooking with this is very positive. It was intimidating at first but it is so easy to use and is a great way to cook!!
This salt block has both function and beauty. I have a lot of fun cooking with it and it makes grilled food so tasty. I was afraid things would be overly salty, but that is not the case. I pre-season things (without salt) and the block infuses a perfect salty flavor as the food cooks. They do provide a bit of instruction for how to slowly warm and use the block. My tip after using it, is to pre-heat it in the oven and then move it to the grill. That is easy to do with the carrying tray. You get much better temperature control in the oven. Warm it for 20 minutes at 200degF, 15 minutes at 300degF and 15 minutes at 450degF. After pre-heating, I carry it to the hot grill and it is ready to use immediately. I just drizzle a bit of olive oil on the block to help prevent sticking. It is a really wonderful block. Solid, heavy and great quality. It retains heat really well because of the weight and thickness. I find it really easy to clean up after use too. A little water and a scrubby sponge and it looks good as new. It is even smoother after use.
Great addition for the grill
These blocks are great for cooking steak. Like awesome. We also love asparagus on the block.Make sure you heat up the block slowly. Also if you put food on it before it is warm the food will be saltier than if its warm first